Updated January 2019
General commissions are closed indefinitely. I have a full time day job right now, and later this spring/summer I will be traveling and moving … there is too much on my plate right now to take on any commissions. If you are interested for the future, please subscribe to my email list, for (VERY) occasional updates should I offer commissions or add any completed creatures to my shop.
That said, my first priority when it comes to commission projects is finishing my semi-custom fantasy foxes and Cloud Antelopes. This project has suffered from some materials related setbacks, and now has taken a backseat to my day job, but rest assured I have not forgotten about it!
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for commission-related inquiries and any other questions you might have – don’t be a stranger!
Payment Plans (applicable to anything, commission or not)
- Unless otherwise noted, whenever I’m discussing funds I will be using US dollars. Paypal and Etsy will convert this for you.
- Payment plans can be made with up to 4 payments. (All payments don’t have to be the same amount – you could give me, say 50% and then 20% and then 30%. I just want no more than 4 payments per person per transaction. Otherwise it tends to evolve into a very confusing, drawn out situation.) It’s nice if you can predict when these payments will take place (eg, 1 per month) but if you need to adjust the timing for whatever reason, I understand and can work with you! I care a lot less about how long it takes you to pay me than I care that you pay me eventually.
- If the creature/item is in my Etsy shop, you will use the “other” payment option. This will mark it as sold, but you won’t have to pay on Etsy. I will then send you money requests on Paypal or you can mail me checks.
- Payments will be made via paypal or check, or sometimes Etsy listings. I would actually love it if you sent me checks – these other 3rd parties take a cut.
- I will ship your creature/item when it is paid for in full, including shipping.
- If for whatever reason you decide to cancel a payment plan before it is complete, and you communicate to me that this is the case, I will refund 25% of the payments that you have made. If you ghost me for more than a month, I will assume that you have abandoned me, and you will not receive a refund. (By “ghost” I mean that you are not responding to emails and generally being completely unresponsive and unreachable).
- I will ship anywhere in the world that the post office lets me.
- I will use insurance and tracking whenever possible. (International shipments may not offer these)
- Shipping for normal-sized creatures ~ $16 USA, $56 everywhere else. Shipping for Mmpoffs and other small items that cost less than $400 ~ $6 USA, $18 everywhere else.
- If you want expedited shipping of any variety, I can oblige. It will cost extra.
- I am not responsible for customs fees, delays, etc, that occur after I have shipped the doll, and I will not falsely mark international packages as gifts.
- I use recycled shipping materials whenever possible, because it’s easier on Mother Earth. Your creature will probably arrive in a reused box.